Friday 24 July 2009

NEW OPENER: The Cat Person Cold Read

Just stumbled across a new opener from Style at Stylife Academy.

Approach and say:

You: I have to ask, out of curiosity, which do you like better, cats or dogs?
Her: I'm a cat (or dog) person. I actually have two at home.
You: That's so funny. My friend was just telling me that he could figure out whether someone was a cat or dog person based on their personality. I didn't believe him at first, but he went on to explain that cat people tend to be more assertive and have stronger personalities and convictions which is why they get a pet that's more feminine. He said it's a yin yang thing. So dog people actually tend to be more shy and gentle, which is why they want a more masculine animal around to balance them. It's kind of interesting, so I thought I'd see if he was right.

After the opener, if there's someone else you wan to meet nearby you can follow with:

You: Before I go, we should quickly test it out. What do you think those people are?
Her: I'd say the girl over there is a cat person, and the one next to her is a dog person.
You: Cool. Let's go find out.

I've often used the opinion opener about which pet to buy a friend's sister, a cat or a dog and found that the ladies always enjoyed giving their opinion. One person even caught up with me after I'd left the set to add a little bit more that she'd forgot to say in the interaction which was a pleasant surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment